Search This Blog

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Education

I am enrolled in the program offered through the California Institute of Integral Studies in San Francisco. It is a program to further education in the area of complimentary/alternative medicine. I have always wanted to explore the holistic side of health.
I attended my second class on Tuesday afternoon on 'consciousness, spirituality and healing'. The class is an exploration of the connection between science and spirituality in the healing arts. Our teacher will be talking about the scientific view of mind-body-spirit health and wellness. It is all very interesting and and bit mind boggling. So far I learned two new things, the possibility of another dimension out there, and a new word for my vocabulary,'ineffable' which means 'that which cannot be understood'. Hummm... that could apply to a great many situations! This class definitely stimulates the brain cells.

Speaking of trying something new I plan to try a new bread recipe from Jim Lahey's 'my bread' cookbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment