Search This Blog

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Vino Santo Bistro Restaurant

Last night my husband and I and 6 friends went to dinner at Vino Santo Bistro in Redwood City. I always forget about this quaint small restaurant and we have been there before. It is a great local place to go anytime for a good comfort Italian food. I had the fish special, Mahi Mahi, which was in a light buttery lemon mango sauce and was delicious! It melted in my mouth and the portion sizes for everyone's meal were more than generous. Even the sides of scalloped potatoes and fresh garlicy sauteed spinach was very good. The bread was hot and soft and wonderful that came with a yummy dipping sauce.  They also made a pretty good margarita with a little of my guidance for my own special recipe. When I make a margarita, I use equal parts of good Tequila, Cointreau, fresh lime juice, and a Grand Marnier floater(optional) over ice in a chilled salt-rimmed glass. MMMMM-good. My husband had the pesto pasta and thought it did not have enough garlic, but I thought it was light and delicious, like I said 'comfort food' not meant to "knock your socks off"! I definitely want to go back and try some other dishes. Good food shared with good friends....

No comments:

Post a Comment