Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Krazy Calzones

We got very creative while we were at Lake Tahoe last weekend with the family. I made those delicious meatballs on Friday night and we had several meatball leftovers, so we came up with the idea of using them in a calzone. I called a local pizzeria to see if they sell just the pizza dough which they did. It is always a good idea to find the best shortcuts to make your life a bit easier and store bought pizza dough is a great way even though it is pretty easy to make your own. So my wonderful son-in-law made some awesome meatball calzones! I don't have a recipe but I can tell you that the filling was a mix of crumbled meatballs, peppers, tomatoes, pesto and a variety of cheeses(monterey jack, pepper jack, Parmesan, cheddar and a little cream cheese on mine).  My suggestion is fill the dough with whatever you like. We baked them for about 30 minutes and they were fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment