Search This Blog

Monday, March 8, 2010

Healthy Chocolate Snack

I was thinking how I have been eating half a protein bar when I get hungry or tired around 11 am in the morning especially if I have gone to Jazzercise. My wonderful daughter suggested this idea which has worked out so well. It holds me over till lunch. So I thought why not make up a trail mix snack, one of my favorites is Trader Joe's many delicious variations on trail mix. Use your own imagination for this one.
I don't have an exact recipe for this...
1 cup of trail mix and feel free to add other healthy nuts or dried fruits or not so healthy goodies like mini marshmallows or cut up caramels, m&ms...
Melt your favorite dark chocolate, 1/2 bag of chocolate chips, try Ghiradelli bittersweet chips, they are very good. Remember dark chocolate is better for you than milk chocolate and you might even try sugar free chocolate, and pour over trail mix and cool on parchment lined pan in one layer or drop by spoonfuls on to parchment.
That is it, for fun melt white chocolate and drizzle over cooled 'bark' for decoration.
It has fruit, nuts and chocolate, all healthy for you, just remember moderation, if it is too tempting, don't make it or share with your family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment